Friday, August 17, 2007

Off to SWADES..


I am extremely happy these days, as I will be visiting home soon. This time it will be a special visit, and the occasion is one of the biggest in my life, my sister’s wedding. I have been looking forward to this moment for a very long time.

Weddings are always pleasurable, especially if it is your siblings, you can’t express the bliss you undergo. Commonly, they say, one wedding would make way to another and, luckily, I am already in line. It’s really touching to learn that I would see my sister in bridal ensemble. Sometimes I feel it’s too early, may be, as we have been living together for these many years, the attachment drives me to consider her as a kid. I am sure emotions will be at peak when the bidaayi time comes. Even now, my eyes are getting wet. This is the toughest moment in a family. We know that this moment is on the cards, but still never care about it till we get to that very moment. And I feel, in these things women are stronger than men. Women are mentally more stable than men. They can live thru any trauma. They might be weaker physically but certainly men won’t stand any where close to women in mental maturity. I know it’s hard to digest the fact guys, but let’s digest that fact to reduce the difference in maturity. I am sure we can have an unending debate on this topic, as I had some in the past, but all will prove ineffective/futile in real life.

It’s very hard to learn the fact that a woman would have to enter a new family and start all together with new people with different perspectives, leaving behind the family with whom she lived all her life, and just carrying the memories, memories of affection. Whatever enjoy and whatever fun she had with her family will now be ripped into a small piece of footage in her mind. She just has to play it again and again, till she get to a point where she starts copying the new stuff. But that transition is not as easy as I am writing here. To live with this ordeal and still be capable of bringing smile on face, hiding tears is a Herculean task.

Anyway, I am all excited for the big occasion and hope my sister’s life will be filled with all the joy and fun in coming years.

Meanwhile, I would be on hunt for a girl, who has brains enough for two.

1 comment:

Santosh said...

I wish your sister a happy, colorful and a wonderful married life ahead...