Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oraganized Chaos!!


And life has resumed, yet again, but this time it is quiet not the same way as it was before. This time, I found life filled with lively panic, reminding me each and every moment how lucky I am to be still breathing in this predicament of uncertainty. Yes, for the first time I am willing to admit explicitly that I am afraid; afraid of some faceless evil.

I got upset when I read about the bomb blasting that happened in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi and many other places in India. But this time I couldn’t remain nonchalant looking at the mayhem created by some brain-washed thugs, called themselves martyrs. The intensity of the quandary kept a city, a Nation and even whole world in check for almost three days. Ten guys, who entered the Indian soil through sea route took over cities renowned hotels and kept innocent people as hostages and even killed some of them. Among ten, couple of guys were out on the streets of Mumbai shooting indiscriminately at civilians. The very sense of the news itself leaves one in shivers. At that time, I felt, even home was not the safest place on earth. Finally, it took 60 hrs of relentless effort by army and NSG to get situation under control, 60 hrs of struggle to bring the sanity back in bewildered minds. Some said, insanity took its toll before we got them down and some lauded the bravery and fight put on by soldiers in regaining Mumbai.

But my point is 'how many more incidents'? How much more blood we really have to loose before we feel safer again. How scary we have to be before we could walk down the street without looking one another suspiciously. All my questions may not have answers at this time. And some won’t have an answer forever. But central government should take corrective measures to prevent such incidents from happening over and over again. Then again, it would be too optimistic to expect them to be up and working towards the betterment. But the whole incident has one substantial outcome that is revelation of potholes present in governing body. It definitely reflected on the issue of negligence by bureaucracy, which was the only weapon that helped the terrorists to murder our freedom and faith.

Even after this massacre, one news paper said, resilient Mumbai back on track. I think resilient was not the correct word. It was compulsion that led Mumbaikars to get back on the local trains; it was obligation that pushed them to step back on the roads. Nobody has forgotten the face of the victims. I say, nobody should forget the price of normalcy.

I have been following the investigations on the Mumbai carnage. I have been watching the analysis of pundits over the reach of terrorism evil roots. I have been reading the assurance uttered by the politicians by increasing the security and keeping the airports on high alert. But nothing calmed my nerves as my father was getting ready to fly down to Delhi on a business trip. I insisted him to cancel the trip as there was news of possible hijack. But my father as serene as he ever was, explained the necessity of the trip and importance of being wise and non-cynical at these tumultuous times. He took the trip and came back home last night unruffled and safe.

But the point is the trauma that I experienced was colossal. One way the depth of the insecurity was inexplicable and at the same time my cowardice approach towards life was unappreciable. I believe the trick that cast by the terrorist totally worked on me, at least for a moment. I am glad I could comprehend sooner than later. What could have happened in the above said problem is totally a different issue, but the most crucial point is to stay sane and to remain defiant and don’t let our panic control us; don’t let our delusions drive us to death otherwise it would be difficult even to come out of home.

Life has to be resumed, but more sensibly and more rationally!!

No comments: