Thursday, March 15, 2007

UNKNOWN


I have been getting UNKNOWN calls from India since my return to US from my recent trip to India. I have become so paranoid of these calls that whenever I get this kind of call, I call back home to my mom or Dad to make sure that things are fine. Even though, I know that, my parents won’t call me at odd hours of the day or night and if they have something to convey, they don’t hesitate to spend few bucks on my call.

How the hell all this started off? I guess, one way or another, I am responsible for this situation. In the beginning, I asked my relatives/friends to give a missed call, if they have anything important to convey, and then wait for me to call them back. This process works fine as long as I get to see the number they are calling from. This whole process turns into nightmare, if I get unlucky and get the display of UNKNOWN. I am not really sure, why the cell phone displays UNKNOWN, even when they are not using any special card to ring me up. When I see this UNKNOWN, I really can’t do anything, but to call my parents and ask about their whereabouts. Sometimes, they keep ringing me up still they come to some conclusion. That conclusion can be in favor of me or against me. They can consider me as busy at work or tired and sleeping home. They can also consider as it’s my ignorance towards their call.

Sometimes, I tried explaining this trouble, and asked them to leave a message, if couldn’t able to ring them back in five minutes. But, I don’t know why, they never leave a voice message. I always explained how easy it is to leave a voice message, I believe, it’s a piece of cake. I guess, it is the system where we grow up that makes the difference. In India, no one has this facility of voice message for missed calls. They don’t have that habit of leaving a message, if a person is not available to answer the call.

After all these, I really hope that they understand the trouble I am going through with their calls. They should also keep in mind the time differences prevailing at that situation. Even when I am typing all this, my cell phone was ringing and the display was UNKNOWN.

No comments: