Thursday, June 14, 2007

Days of My Life


Well today is Thursday, and Thursday s are torturous. Thursday means almost weekend. I am just a day away from weekend, but passing the one day would be a gigantic task. I have this mixed feeling on this day; I am excited and dejected at the same time. I just want to get over with the day.

Fridays are entirely different. The day starts off with smile and shine on face. There is an inexplicable joy in Friday morning. It feels like, I worked hard all week long, I deserve a weekend, off from work. But, have I really worked hard is another thing, glad, I don't have to answer anybody. All starts good in the morning, but the trouble comes in the second session of the work. I feel clock is ticking intentionally slowly, testing my patience levels. I know, eventually it will be 5PM, but the inquisitiveness and the curiosity levels always push me hard to feel this session as longest of the week, it's like food already set on the table and I am waiting for the word GO, I hate that. But once I see clock hitting 5PM, I feel I am liberated, I am free to go, I feel like Andy Dufresne, who escaped from Shawshank prison.

Saturday is the best day of the week; it's like a safe bet. I can get up late, I can watch movies all day long, I can go out on a drive, I can do this, or I can skip that. I tend to enjoy every moment of Saturday. Then comes the Sunday, this one is like working vacation. Even though, I have whole day off, I have to get myself ready for Monday, I feel like 'a' prisoner out of his bail time and who has to get ready to go back to prison.

Mondays are boring, I am still nostalgic; I need a whole Monday to get accustomed to the work environment. Tuesday is again good, I am back to work, I am enthusiastic, I am well pumped up, and I am rejuvenated. Wednesday gives the feeling of accomplishment, I am halfway through to weekend. So far journey was smooth, and sophisticated. I just back myself up for keeping work rolling fast.

I never thought, I would write something like this. During my engineering days, I always hated weekends, as we did not have classes scheduled on the weekends. That was not the main reason why I hated. But now the other way, I like weekends, as everybody does, at least most of us do. I just had to change myself with the time and that's the way life goes here.

No comments: