Thursday, June 21, 2007

Stressful IDLE


These days my life at work is little easy, in fact more than that. I am more relaxed and I have too much time to kill. The relaxation levels are little too much that I can be online half of my hours at work. It sounds fun as well as scary.

It sounds fun because you don’t have to work, you don’t have to think, you don’t have to put your brain under stress, you just have to be there and do nothing. It sounds scary because you are idle, you get weird ideas, and you tend to browse unofficial or unauthorized websites, you tend to find some eccentric ideas to kill time instead of utilizing it in constructive way and deep down somewhere I have this feeling that I might get laid off as I don’t have anything to work on now. First of all why am I in this kind of situation? Well, we did what we could and what we should. We have just been waiting on to receive our materials to get started. Apparently here waiting time is more than the time required to design a project. This is how it has been organized here. I am not sure if we could say organized any more. If it was organized then I wouldn’t be writing this blog.

Killing time is the most stressful thing in the world. Believe me; the levels of stress are much worst than that of when you actually work your butt off. I have all the time in the world. I get ready in the morning and I land up on time at work, just to find out that I have whole day to kill. I sit there in front of my computer, browsing desultorily, reading news, sports or what not. In between, I stretch, I walk around, and I doze off, I sing, I chat, and I wait for the clock to tick 5PM.

Believe me; I would have killed myself, if it was not for some beautiful conversations in between. Thanks to Gmail.

Oops, I got my materials, I am going back to work now…

No comments: