Thursday, April 05, 2007

Condolences


The day started in typical fashion. Thursday, and on the top it was a day before a long weekend, I was ready to fly, to Connecticut, for a get-together party. I reached office by 8am, as usual, and had to do some tests on steam. I was ready to go through the pain of testing hot steam with the dream of getting off early in the afternoon. Right at that moment, from no where, my colleague informed about the demise of my supervisor’s son. I was shocked to learn the truth. He was 20yrs old, rather I would say, young. Even though, I don’t know the exact reason on the sudden disaster, I felt heartbreaking for my manager. I don’t really have knowledge of their personal life, but, as long as I know, father and son were very close to each other. They were affectionate and loving and friendly and also caring for each other. I still remember, my manager taking off to spend sometime, in playing golf, with his son. I think it would be devastating to my manager to realize the fact. I am afraid; it would take months to get over the trauma.

Not only him, I believe, it would be upsetting for any father to see his own son dying in front of him. Any parent, the last thing they want to see is the downfall of their blood. It’s just the love, affection that binds them close.

I was deeply saddened to hear the news about the sudden death of my Manager’s son. Sir, my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
May his soul rest in peace.

No comments: