Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Get-Together


Get-togethers are always fun and relieving. Last weekend I made a trip to Connecticut. I had a small get-together with my Engineering friends. And, as expected, it was fun and pleasant. But, as they say, all the fun has to come to an end, I came back to Alexandria Sunday night. I still love to be around my engineering friends even after all these years, I still feel there is much more left to relish the taste of our friendship.

During my stay in Groton CT, I had a chance to visit Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University located close to Boston. I feel privileged to visit the MIT, and now I don’t have any regret for not able to think to get an admission there. I clearly believe, I am not capable enough to be there. The atmosphere was absolutely staggering. It’s amazing to see many international students at MIT, one way to prove the distribution of talent through out world. Our next stop was at Harvard University. It was quiet and nice. It has more number of old buildings than that of MIT. I felt MIT was more appealing than Harvard. Anyway, these two universities are the hallmark of excellence.

Coming to get-together part, as I said, these are always fun. We have been having these GT every once a year at least. After all, this is the maximum fun you can get, if you are single. All our GTs are filled with our retrospection. I still feel 4 years of engineering left us memories to cherish forever.

No comments: