Thursday, February 08, 2007

Rambabu

Yesterday came to know about the demise of a friend, Rambabu Deshetti. He jumped to death from fifth floor of a building. He was my batchmate in engineering. He graduated in EEE and worked for TCS. He was the gold medalist of EEE department in our batch. He was survived by wife. He was one of the calm, quiet and bright students of our batch. Even though, I never got a chance to build intimacy with him, but still I could count him as one of my good friends. I feel sad for his family. To be honest, I really don’t know what to feel on his loss. I am distressed as well as infuriated at his (in) decision.

Why do people commit suicide? One has to be brave to commit suicide. Committing suicide is more challenging than living with those unhappy, bothering incidents. But, in my view, committing suicide is running away from problems. It means that, you no longer can handle the load and you agreed your impotency. Their (the people who commit suicide) courage is always veiled under their impotency or the other way. I believe, death is not a solution for many problems. I am not here to comment anything on my friend’s demise, as I don’t know the reasons yet. Whatever may be the reason, death is not a solution, infact it left his family with numerous questions and sea full of tears. Everybody is given a chance to live, live to the fullest. Leave a mark at the end, not a remark of incapability. Nothing is precious than ones own life. Everybody has problems; problems only make a shrew out of you. Only problems are the measure to ones success.

Anyway, as they say “Life is like riding a bicycle. You don't fall off unless you plan to stop peddling”, so keep peddling, you will find a low every time after a high. I convey my deepest condolences to my friend, Rambabu. May his soul rest in peace, atleast now.

No comments: